Saturday, March 2, 2013

Health Insurance...




Sometimes there is no telling when something is going to become important to you until it happens.  I am talking health insurance.  Since having a baby some things are more important than others.  And that is definitely one of the things that is very important to me.

Since I changed jobs, my insurance has yet to kick in. And honestly i had no idea that my previous insurance would only be active until the end of the month.  My current insurance will take a month to kick in and of course I didn't want to do Cobra because it's too expensive.  I wish someone would have told me this before I changed jobs. Just the idea that I could be without insurance in this country scares the crap out of me even if its only for a short period of time.  For some reason when you begin a new job, insurance should kick in right away. I'm just saying that would make more sense especially if you have children.  One of the things I should have done before changing jobs were all my doctors’ appointments including dental like the good folks at TMJ dental Carmel IN. Of course everything is always 20/20 in hindsight….if I had known what I know now….i would have done things differently.  That’s the lesson of the day ladies and gents.  Learn from my mistake and always make sure you have health insurance.

No comments: