Saturday, December 15, 2012

Unimaginable....



There are some things in this world that are just unimaginable and one of them happened Friday.
How is that someone can go around killing innocent people?
This boy who is just a child himself can take away the joy and spirit of so many...
It is just sad and unthinkable.
I have goosebumps just writing this...

I am sure like myself everyone is having a difficult time with this incident.
I couldn't even bring myself to read or listen to the news until this morning...
I read the accounts of the horror by teachers and children, saw pictures of parents and children crying
and the sadness is just beyond me.

I am saddened by the whole situation in Newton at Sandy Hook...
As a new mother...my first thought was my baby....
even though he was nowhere near the incident...my heart ached for his peers. 
I imagined his innocent eyes that depend on me. 
And i could see the innocent eyes of those children looking around the classroom,
uncertain of what was happening.  And just feeling scared and unsure of what is happening. 
 I think of the teachers and other staff at the school who helped and tried to protect the children who came into harms way.

I think of a mother who was murdered by her own son. 
A child she carried for 40 weeks and loved for 20 years. 
I think of the selfishness of this boy's actions.

I think about the children who will not celebrate Christmas with their families.
The families who will miss their loved ones this Christmas and every Christmas afterwards...

I think about guns that do so much harm.
And laws that allow guns to be made and registered to be used safely and unsafely.

I think of nothing today but the lives that are lost...
I think of God who is great and knows.
I look to Him for comfort.
To Him I look for understanding!
God Bless the children and families of
Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.



2 comments:

Pegster said...

Heartbroken doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this tragedy.

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

Very sad indeed. I pray that start value humanity as much as we value our material things. It's important that we make our country a better place so that our children won't have to grow in constant fear that there is no safe place.