Monday, November 19, 2012

Please Allow Me to Be Whiny...


Hello Friends...

I know this week is Thanksgiving week and I should be thankful but
I wanted to get some whinyness out of the way before I started the thankful posts.

So for the past several weeks I've been a little whiny and not so grateful.
Not everyday but mostly whenever I've ventured out shopping!
I had to purchase a few new items for back to work, mostly pants and shoes.
And these excursions have made me so miserable.
And usually shopping does not.

For some reason certain parts of my body parts have decided to remain in pregnancy mode.
Although Baby Pancakes is out and almost three months old...
I have this body I have to learn to live with.
And in living with this new body postpartum...I have to forgo some of my material things.
This is what makes me miserable...
Not fitting into my old items.

Most of my work pants do not fit around my belly.
YES i still have the mommy pudge...
I can't even call it belly...
it's a full blown pudge!

My shoes...it makes me sad all over again writing this...
none of my shoes fit because my feet has grown like a size and half.
I kid you not.
All my shoes fit tight....
My world famous Italian leather riding boots purchased in Italy do not fit me.
These are boots I have been wearing for the past eight years....
They were my go to Winter boots.

And my fingers have also not returned to normal.
My engagement ring and wedding band rings continue to fit but are too snug.
This could be a good thing because i could get new rings BUT
 in all honesty I don't want new ones...
I LOVED my old rings because they meant so much to me.

Everyone keeps on saying it's only been two months, three months...
it's still early but i guess I am just being inpatient.
Initially, I thought as soon as Baby Pancakes was out, 
my feet and fingers would not be swollen anymore.
Unfortunately that is far from the truth...

I guess I am feeling a little blah postpartum as it relates to certain parts of my body.
I am not depressed about it because 
I know what to do to get my body back in a healthy manner...
I just thought it would be more immediate.

In moving forward...I am not going to feel bad for myself...
I am going to come to a realization that 
MY BODY HAS CHANGED AND THAT'S ALRIGHT!
Acknowledging this will hopefully help me 
to move from being whiny to taking action and being proactive.


Question of the Day:
How have you turned your inaction into action?

According to my records, you seem to have a case of the whiny-bitch-bitch.
Via




16 comments:

Bravoe Runway said...

Whoa....I hope things will be back to normal soon. I cant imagine your feet will stay a size and half larger forever. It does take up to a year to lose the pregnant weight. Hang In there, some of my friends did weight watchers to realistically drop the weight gradually after they were done having kids.

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

12 months later and my body is slowly getting there but you have to embrace your new found glory. the feet and belly will tone down in time. just buy few comfortable items and good pair of shoes. do your kegel excises to help the womb contract, also breastfeeding helps the utero contract.

Natalie said...

Max was 8 months old before I started getting my body back. Good ole exercise and diet helped big time. Give it time,you'll get there! I finally fit in all my old jeans 14 months later!

Fashion Pad said...

Oh no! It's only temporary boo. You will be rocking your treasured goodies again in no time.

LifenotesEncouragement said...

from my experience - going back to work jumpstarts the weightloss process.
it has only been a short time; it too 9-10 months to gain weight, so it will take approximately the same time to lose. i think for the long haul you will be ok.

Printed Bonnet by AyoBE said...

I can certainly understand where you are coming from. Granted my baby isn't even 2 weeks old yet but I am starting to get anxious. My engagement and wedding rings haven't fit since July! I have been wearing a sister ring I have with my sisters but then that too stopped fitting in late October. I am not even going to attempt to try in my shoes. Not sure I can mentally handle that right now.

Hang in there. I hear it gets better with time.

Anonymous said...

Your body literally got taken over when you got pregnant! I can't imagine and I know it must be hard to feel like your body has just changed so much. Hang in there...I'm sure it will get better like all these moms who have been there done that have said. It's okay to let it out! We all need to vent sometimes.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Aw hon, I wish I could give you a hug.

Lauren said...

yeah...I definitely feel you! I thankfully did not experience the change in shoe size! I ended up buying myself some new clothes in my new size and it made such a difference in my attitude!

You'll get there, even if everything just doesn't fit quite as well as it did before!

Okeoghene said...

You will definitely lose the weight and the mom pudge, it just might take more time than you anticipated. I don't know about the shoe size though, but I can say after 2 kids, my feet never went back to their pre- pregnancy size

Pepper Tan said...

We all have our whiny days, don't we? That only makes us appreciate what we have afterwards. The first step is in recognizing the negativity we feel, and then yes, acting on it and turning it around.

Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama said...

You are allowed to be whiny! I have been whiny myself every single day for 11 months! haha

You will get there. Some folks "snap back" some folks don't but I can tell you coming from personal experience that it takes a year for your body to come back to normal...

I completely understand about the rings, I still have some swollen days that I can't wear my engagement ring but its getting better.

Again, you are allowed to be whiny the transition back kinda sucks :)

Sherelle said...

It's okay to be whiny. Most of us whine over small changes in our lives, and you've had a life- change (an adorable addition to your family)so it's A okay to have whiny moments. It'll get better!

G K said...

Okay...I'm gonna say it, too (sorry!): your baby is only a few months old. :) In Mommyland, that's basically fresh outta the womb. Stop expecting too much of yourself. Yep, your body has changed, and it does take time to see progress. My belly is back to it's original size finally, but it STILL has this crazy jelly layer over it where it was stretched during pregnancy. Sexy, right? Not. Especially since it's been four years. *sigh*

But I'm over it. I run three days a week. I try to watch my portions. Like you, I work and have a family. It's not gonna be easy, but you do the best you can. DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP.

On another note, my feet grew a half a size, and then a year or so later, went back to the regular size. So I bought shoes and then couldn't wear them anymore. Now THAT'S annoying! :)

Thriftanista in the City said...

Our babes have the same birthday!

I had the same post partum funk and everyone just gave me a hang in there. I guess it's something we all go through as new mothers.

Whine away. We understand.

Pegster said...

Whine away girl, whine away. It's tough being a new mom and there are just too many feelings going on. If it makes you feel any better, it's only temporary. Feel better soon.