Thursday, May 24, 2012

Inspire Me Series: Successful Blogs






Ashley of Adventures of Newlyweds is sharing with us today
what makes a successful blog in her opinion.
If you don't know about Ashley's blog, here is a little something about her.
She travels the country with her husband for work and takes beautiful pictures too.
Ashley also initiated an awesome link up called: Friday Letters!
Please check her out when you get an opportunity.



 How did you begin blogging?
I started blogging to document my new "newlywed" life! 
 I started out writing about our everyday lives for our friends and family. 
 It started growing and I discovered just how big the blog world was!  
I had no idea at the time!  From there my blog has involved and grown with me! 


What do you believe makes your blog a success?
 I believe my blog, and any blog for that matter, 
is successful when the writer blogs for themselves and stays true 
to why they started in the first place. 
 I am sure we have all gotten caught ip in the thrill of having followers,
 and growing our blogs but now more than ever I realize that its not about that in the slightest.  
Even if no one were to come to my blog ever again I would continue doing 
it so my husband and our family can look back and remember these special moments. 


 How do you maintain a balance between living and keeping up with your readers/followers?
 Great question!  At first it was easy to comment back to 
every single person and do every guest post requested 
but once I got a little more traffic I couldn't keep up!  
These days I comment back when I can but spend more time reading other blogs.  
I have also made great real life friends who I keep up with every day! 
 I always answer e-mails but I think its important to remind ourselves 
that this blog thing is great so we can make some really great friends--- 
not so you can get thousands of followers. 
 How realistic is it that you can connect with all of those people anyways?!  


11 comments:

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

beautiful feature, it is true that we shouldn't be caught in the follower and comment dilemma but focus on writing good posts for ourselves

LaNeshe said...

Really great feature.

Jess said...

Great series! I definitely love blogs who have something unique to bring to the table!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Her words are so true. It's hard to keep up with everything that comes along with blogging but the great friends are the most important part of it for me. xoxo

Why Girls Are Weird said...

This is such a fun feature!

Bravoe Runway said...

I am definitely going to check out her blog..so she doesn't respond to every comment? WOW...that's a smart idea.

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

This is a wonderful philosophy! I especially like how she stays true to herself when blogging.
I have often wondered if my readers would be interested in something I've done; but luckily Rod always reminds me that I'm not blogging for readers; I just blog to document our life together!
Great post!

Unknown said...

very well said!

Alexa said...

Great interview. It is such a challenge maintaining everything for sure.

Alida Sharp said...

Love this...it is so important for bloggers to stay true to themselves and remember who they are really blogging for.

Janna Renee said...

Seriously glad you shared this, because I am getting a bit overwhelmed lately! I want to continue enjoy blogging and not have it become a chore!