Monday, February 20, 2012

Part of a 2-Some...


Good Morning Friends...

it's Monday and i hope you are in great spirits!



two·some/ˈto͞osəm/



  1. A pair of people considered together.
  2. A game or dance for or involving two people.




I LOVE being married.
I LOVE being part of a 2-some.
I LOVE being part of this team called Team Pancakes.
There is something beautiful about spending everyday with my bestest friend
 in the world who makes me laugh and smile all the time.

Mr. Pancakes is definitely the Yin to my Yang.
He is the jelly to my peanut butter.
The Chocolate to my Chip.
The Sheldon to my Leonard.
The Martin to my Gina.
The Mickey to my Minnie Mouse.
The Downward to My Dog...

You get the drift...he is the perfect half to my pair.
Seriously, we fit together like no other.
All this being said, i LOVE being part of a 2-some.

HOWEVER...

you knew this was coming...
sometimes it's difficult being part of a 2-some because 
MOST if not ALL major decisions have to be checked out with my perfect pair.  
Because as part of Team Pancakes (our marriage),  it is important to make decisions together
 especially when it impacts the both of us.

That being said, when i want to do something and the hubby doesn't agree 
because in his eyes it may impact our lives negatively in the long run, i have to reconsider my wants.  
And as frustrating as this may be sometimes...i have to be in agreement with my husband 
because we are a 2-some and a team.

As a newlywed, learning to compromise my wants has definitely been challenging but i am learning, 
as the months pass by, it gets easier to make decisions in a 2-some!

Marriage is definitely a give and take.
And that's one lesson i am learning...but you know what....
it's getting easier everyday!


Question of the Day:
What makes it difficult to be part of a two-some/team?
How are you learning to compromise?




16 comments:

Marina said...

I can totally relate to your post! It's not always easy to be part of a team, but it's worth it.. We just have to learn how to compromise, but that's also part of growing up..

Darby Hawley said...

awwww this is such a sweet post

Mrs. H said...

sweet post. I can't think of anything right now that makes it hard to be a team cause we agree on most things, well except for maybe driving. Lol!

Jessica said...

Sometimes compromising is hard!! :/

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

when the 2-some become 3-some (talking about baby) can be even harder, because both of you may want different things for your child that's when the compromise has to be greater because in the end ALL you both want is the best for your child.

meme-and-he said...

this post does a great job portraying real marriage. It is wonderful being a part of a team. So good. but it does take sacrifice and compromise.

Heather said...

Great post! I think it definitely take compromise at times, especially in making sure you are both doing all you can to support the other's goals.

Amanda said...

Awesome post about the give and take of being in a relationship. Since M and I just moved in together, I know that we will be learning a lot about compromise when living together. But with that, I'm do excited for the adventures that will come our way!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

I love this post! I read it to Rod and we totally agree that (at times) it can be difficult learning to live your life as a pair rather than an individual; and every decision you make now impacts two lives instead of just one. But no matter how difficult it is, I should always consider the "Rolex" before the "Alex", because that's what being a team is all about. :)
Happy Monday!

ms.composure said...

def loving this post!!! def wish i was apart of two! one day soon hopefully!

http://infinitelifefintess.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Alida Sharp said...

at this point in our twosome having differing opinions is not as big of an issue as it was early on. We each know what the other thinks about most issues and we can talk it out and usually come to a win/win for us both.

Unknown said...

Mrs. P

This was really sweet I love it. I am not currently dating anyone but here goes:

Difficult would be not making enough time for one another.

Listening is the best tool in compromising.

Bravoe Runway said...

This is my ultimate fear of getting married and why I don't think I'd make a good wife. I am very poor at compromising. I was always spoiled by my parents and always got my way... I don't know....this is what holds me back from wanting to get married...

Law_Fal said...

awwwwww

Unknown said...

great post! after almost 12 years of marriage it's gotten easier to negotiate a compromise. I still struggle with needing a lot of space because I'm naturally a loner. I have to consider his feelings and make an effort to be there for him

Alicia said...

Sounds somewhat like growing pains, but the good ones, if that makes sense. I just see Team Pancakes growing stronger and stronger...