Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oscar Rewind...

How's your Saturday going so far?
I haven't watched much of the movies up for an Oscar this year so i can't speak to them 
however i can reminisce a little and talk about previous 
Oscar movies and fashions that i have enjoyed over the years!!
Hope you enjoy along with me!

And one of these days...i will try and watch all of the 2012 Oscar nominees.

Movies

Forrest Gump
who doesn't remember a line or scene from Forrest Gump!
He was such an amazing soul!



SlumDog Millionaire
i was soooo glad i saw this movie before all the hype....
it is such an awesome love story!




Rain Man
i LOVE this movie...
i can watch this movie over and over again because Raymond is endearing! 




Titanic
who didn't cry and weep over this movie! 
Did you hear it's coming back in 3D...
not sure about that because 3D hurts my eyes.




FASHIONS

Halle Berry--2009
Originally from: Photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images

Michelle Williams--2006
she is just awesome!
Photo by: Chris Polk/FilmMagic

Sandra Bullock--2011
Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images North America

Angelina Jolie--2009
This dress was made by gorgeous by her earrings/hair...so pretty!!
Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images

There you have, some of my favorite Oscar movies and fashions!
How about you, Have you seen any of the 2012 Oscar nominated movies?
And who are some of the stars you watch out for in terms of fashion?


Image Credit: ©A.M.P.A.S















11 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi there.. YES, I love your movie choices.. SO many great ones.. LOVED "life's like a box of chocolate.." Forrest Gump was awesome.. Ahhh, Titanic was AMAZING.. LOVED Halle.. Great features.. :))

meme-and-he said...

I loved watching those previews again...loved forrest gump the best.

Carlie said...

You know what's crazy? I've never seen any of those movies in their entirety. I've only seen bits and pieces! I better get on that! haha =)

Quiana said...

love, love love the oscars and pretty much anything halle berry wears. i'm determined to go to the governors ball someday!

Anonymous said...

SlumDog Millionaire was a great movie! I had to watch it after all the hype and I can say that I truly enjoyed it. It was worth it! I love Halle Berry's dress and the mustard color of Michelle Williams dress is purely amazing!

Deidre said...

I loved rainman AND slumdog million. I saw the artist this year and it was fantastic. I also saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which was pretty good as well.

Elizabeth @ Love Is the Adventure said...

I LOVE Rain Man! It's one of those movies I always have to watch whenever it's on television. Dustin Hoffman is priceless.

And I seriously laugh every time I see the Titanic in 3D trailer. I think that's the most horrifying idea! The movie freaked me out so much in regular 2D - I'm super scared of drowning - there's no way I want to see the glacier break the ship apart in 3D!! AAAAA!

We don't have cable so I can't watch the Academy Awards this year but I'm looking forward to hearing about them. I've heard such good things about The Artist - makes me want to go see it while it's still in the theatre!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Those are some GREAT movies. Yay for the Oscars!

Anonymous said...

I confess I don't always get into the Oscar's as much as I should.
SN: I love Forrest Gump, awesome movie!

Unknown said...

I'll be watching some of the Oscars, especially the red carpet fashion, but like you I haven't seen most of the movies. I second all your picks for movies from the past!

TheProDiva said...

I love each of the movies you have listed here, especially Forest Gump. As for Oscar fashions, I think the most memorable and fabulous dress I remember from the Oscars is the one Halle Berry wore when she won the Best Actress Award....Loved it! I also love any award show that featured the great Denzel Washington!